Monday, November 2, 2009

Week #8-Zoho Writer & Library Thing

LibraryThing
I have to say that I thought Library Thing was a pretty fabulous tool. I wish I had better luck figuring out how to link to my certain book list and not to my whole account. It seemed like others had the same problem so I am wondering what I did wrong or how I can get it to work properly. Any suggestions? I had fun adding some books that I'm reading for enjoyment as well as some that I use for teaching.
I thought Zoho Writer was a valuable tool. I had never heard of it until this week. I have never used Google Docs before either, but had heard of it. It seems like the ideal program to use when you have more than one person working on a paper, like for a class group project. It's also a great way to ensure access to all of your documents wherever you are. I found that Zoho writer had a lot of great features like the view and compare option to look back at previous saves of the document and being able to post on your blog from Zoho Writer's website. It is definitely a program that I can see using. It seems like this is the new tool to use for online word processing-I have talked to a couple of people that are just starting to use this that aren't in this class.

No comments: