Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week #6-Tagging, Folksonomies, and Technorati

I thought that del.icio.us was a very cool website. I could see it being beneficial for me as a teacher to separate my favorites by subject and by school and personal use. I also think it would be great to have access to my school bookmarked sites at home and my home ones at school. It would just be easier to have access to them where ever I am. I think this site would be beneficial to libraries because it would give them a way to organize sites and have people leave comments about them for others to view. When things are organized in a clear fashion people are much more apt to navigate through them. Technorati is a huge site! I don't know how I feel that my blog could be found on that site. I'm not much into all of my stuff being out for all to see. It was cool to find all of the School Library Learning 2.0 blogs out there. It shows how valuable these 23 things are that we are doing and how many other people have been educated through this site. The popular blog, searches, and tags area was unavailable on the website when I tried to use it. It said it would return soon so I will go back and look at it. The blogging world is pretty amazing. I do enjoy following other people's blogs but don't really think that my personal life is worth blogging about. It would be great as a librarian to have a blog that makes weekly recommendations about what to read or teaches a new skill for the patrons.

1 comment:

Lesley Farmer said...

web 2.0 gives a whole different lens on organizing info/resources