Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week #5-Award Winners

I looked at the award winners in the education, books, and food categories. The one that I liked the best was the 2nd place food website, urbanspoon. It is a website that reviews restaurants in bigger cities around the country. The Grand Rapids area (which is about 45 miles from my house) was the section I found to be most relevant to me. I also travel to Chicago frequently so I could see using this site for meal recommendations. I liked how you could narrow down the searches for local areas not just big cities that are far away. In the book and education section winners, I didn't find them to be very relevant to me. Several were about learning languages, which may be useful someday but it isn't now, also the book sites were relating to finding books in an OPAC system or rare and out of print books. Someday these may be useful to me, but not at this time.

1 comment:

Brandi W. said...

I didn't check out urbanspoon, but now that you wrote about it, I will look at it. There were so many awesome tools on that site, it was hard to pick one! (I also like the one that told you how to make drinks with the materials you already had at home.) My boyfriend and I are always looking for new places to eat, so I'm glad you mentioned that site.