I am putting this question out to all of you since I have not found a concrete answer in our book.
Is it okay to listen to a music CD in class? I have classical music CDs and Enya-type music that I play everyday during writing time. I am wondering if that is violating any copyright law. I hope not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I believe it is okay. I do it in my classroom daily. The children pick music CD's to listen to while in the "music center" during learning center free play. Plus at times, I will play a CD that "reads" the book to the children that comes along when the book is ordered.
If you search online, you will find numerous sites that discuss this topic. I do not have the proof to support this, but it is my idea that as long as you are not copying and selling, you are permitted to use audiobooks and musical CDs in your classroom/library.
Great springboard question!
Mrs. M.
Post a Comment